The Electoral Reform Society operates on a simple premise - that politics can be better than it is. We are campaigning for a better democracy.
Our vision is a representative democracy fit for the 21st century. We know that every year that passes with our steam age political system still in place is a missed opportunity for the people of Britain.
We put voters first.
That’s the democracy we want to create.
- Every vote and every voice has value and should be heard
- Everyone should be able to shape the decisions that affect their lives
- Our institutions should reflect the people they serve
- People should be able to hold those in power to account
- Politics should offer people real alternatives
Everything we do is a step towards this vision.
Our ambition is to pave the way for real change to the way politics works in Britain.
In the run up to the 2015 General Election we will do this by:
- Developing the credibility, relationships and voice to shape a new political reform agenda
- Showing how First Past the Post is contributing to our broken politics
- Winning the argument for fair votes in local government
Read our strategy and find out how we will achieve our aims.